2013. The year I blossomed from a college grad living with my parents, to a post grad living with my best friend's parents. Ah, growth. I published my first article, became a three-quarters full-time writer and weekend ballet teacher. Here's a fun thing I learned- doing the things you love leaves you poor. Having a lucrative writing career is, well, bonkers hard. Unless you are a white guy writing about American History or Churchill. Then you're pretty much set. Yay! In the past twelve months, I moved out of state, bought roller skates, put a piece of calamari in my mouth, got drunk in a zoo, was rejected from a reality tv show, and had a colonoscopy. All in all, a pretty good year.
Here are the highlights...
...discovered I was elegant
poise.
Grew fully formed Slavic eyebrows
that are so powerful and influential,
my eyelids crushed under their authority
and gave up. No more eyes.
Got in touch with nature.
Wore bowling shoes and wasn't
immediately sent to hell.
Recycled.
Remembered my childhood.
Was so full.
Reenacted scenes from City Slickers.
Found new hope for our political future.
And that's a wrap. Here's to another year of exclamations like "cheers!" "hey!" "what's your name again?" and "are you on your period?". Thank you. Amen.
Yay! Keep writing!
ReplyDeleteYou kill me......aquarium next.
ReplyDelete